Friday, April 3, 2009

I Won




Well, after a few days of waiting for results, I recieved a call from the proprietors of Cormier's Cajun Restraunt telling me that I won their contest. This is a picture of Mr. Cormier(left) and me(right) holding my winning design. I won a 50$ cash prize, including a 25$ gift certificate to their restraunt, but I'm not so much excited over winning the money as I am seeing something I made on a t-shirt that I hope several people will buy. The t-shirts will be distributed to customers during their annual annivesary dinner, which I've been invited to attend. However, at this party I'll have to kiss the head of a roasted pig as is tradition with their restraunt, which will be photographed and proudly displayed in their restraunt (which I'm excited about also since I've never tasted roasted pig before and I've heard it's really good!).
Anyhoo, I have to tell you something about why I haven't made a new strip in awhile. It's because I've had this REALLY frustrating bout with this company over the ordering of a product that I made, which has ultimately resulted in little customer service after waiting THREE EXTREMELY LONG WEEKS!!! I finally decided that I'm going to order the product off of Amazon.com, a website that has never failed me in delivering my purchased items. But it turns out that I'll have to wait another FIVE DAYS for the order to come, which I pray will end once I finally have my producted in my deprived clutches.
So please hang in their because I've come up with several good ideas for strips that I hope to ultimately make into reality.
Sincerely,
-N.F.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It'll be very cool to see people walking around wearing something that you actually drew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Nick! GREAT news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Nick! You say: 'I'm not so much excited over winning the money as I am seeing something I made on a t-shirt that I hope several people will buy'. Well my friend, I hope that this motivation lasts forever... it's the kick that matters and if money comes in afterwards, it's cool. You've got right!
    Cheers,
    IEF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nick! That is really awesome!! Congrats!

    I knew you'd get it! It's such a great drawing and concept!

    You must be so excited! Keep your momentum going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You are really talented. Love your fun style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Nick! Well done!

    ReplyDelete